My name is Chiara Pallotti and I am an Italian freelance translator based in Genoa, Italy.
I am an experienced medical translator
Thanks to my work experience in one of the most important pediatric hospitals in Italy, I have acquired specific expertise in medical translation and pharmaceutical translation.
I am an Italian freelance translator with a degree in Technical and Scientific Translation from the University of Genoa, Italy.
I am an expert in medical translation, from English and Spanish into Italian. In particular, I translate clinical trial documents (study protocols, informed consent, investigator agreeements, etc.) and drug approval documentation (EMA/AIFA regulatory documents).
Furthermore, since 2009 I have been working at the G. Gaslini pediatric hospital in Genoa for an international research network. This allowed me to cultivate an interest in medicine and biology and to offer a highly specialized translation service in this area.
To date, I have translated nearly 4 million words.
These are the courses I attended over the past years.
- Translating Documentation & Communication in Clinical Research – online event – 21 April 2021 (member of the expert panel “Managing Patient Centricity in Translation and Localisation Of Clinical Trials”)
- Course Epidemics – the Dynamics of Infectious Diseases, Coursera, May 2020
- Course The Science of Stem Cells, Coursera, April 2020
- Conect4children kick off meeting – Berlin (Germany), 23-26 May 2018
- Horizon 2020 European Research Grants – Agenzia per la Promozione della Ricerca Europea (APRE), Rome – 25-26 January 2018
- A common data model in Europe? – Why? Which? How? – European Medicines Agency (EMA), London (UK) – 11-12 December 2017
- Pharmacovigilance – International Research Institute (IIR) – Milan (Italy) – 16-17 February 2016
- The management of a not for profit clinical trial – organized by the International School of Paediatrics, IRCCS G. Gaslini, Genoa – 29 January 2015
- Pharmachild study meeting – Utrecht (the Netherlands) – February 2014
- Study meeting with Bristol-Myers Squibb, the PRCSG and Inventive Health –Princeton, NJ (USA) – 15th-16th October 2012
- EMA Excellence in Pharmacovigilance: Clinical trials and post-marketing training course, London (UK) – 1st to 5th October 2012
- Coding with MedDRA, Bundesinstitut für Arzneimittel und Medizinprodukte – Bonn (Germany) – 17th April 2012
- Eudravigilance Information Day, European Medicines Agency (EMA), London (UK) – 15th November 2011
- Paediatric Rheumatology European Society (PRES) conference, Bruges (Belgium) – 14th to 18th September 2011
- Course on The Ethical Aspects of Paediatric Clinical Trials – organized by the International School of Paediatrics, IRCCS G. Gaslini, Genoa – 28th June 2011
- Pharmachild study meeting – Utrecht (the Netherlands), 28-29 April 2011
- Course on Pharmacovigilance in Paediatrics – organized by the International School of Paediatrics, IRCCS G. Gaslini, Genoa – 2nd December 2010
- European Network of Centres for Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance (ENCePP) Information Day, European Medicines Agency (EMA), London (UK) – 26th November 2010
- Paediatric Rheumatology European Society (PRES) conference, Valencia (Spain) – 9th to 12th September 2010
- Course on Clinical Trials in Paediatrics, organized by the International School of Paediatrics, IRCCS G. Gaslini, Genoa – 25th to 27th March 2010
- Course on Medical and Pharmaceutical Translation, Milan – 9th January and 13th February 2010
What do my clients think of me?